Eventful At Locust Grove is a stone covered building and rural property situated in the rolling hills of Weston, MO.
Here are some of the unique features of the interior space:
- Fabulous bar constructed from salvaged architectural piece
- Old doors and salvaged ceiling tins create two different backdrops that can be used for your band, DJ, cake table or photo booth.
- Buffet table that is ten feet long covered with industrial style zinc and iron base which is lit from above with five mismatched crystal chandeliers.
- Vintage architectural columns are stationed around the interior for added character
- Upholstered burlap sidewalls
- A comfortable salon at the entry, complete with cozy leather chairs and sofas, ideal for quiet conversation
- Two bathrooms for guests
- Bridal changing room with large mirror, makeup lighting and plenty of seating
- Microphone for toasts/speeches (not DJ)
- Sound system and speakers compatible with using your iPod, computer, CD player
- AV wall (painted white) for you to project onto if you choose
- (15) 66' round tables and 150 white wooden folding chairs (included in the price of the rental)
Our catering kitchen offers:
- Warming oven
- Ice machine
- Reach in refrigerator cooler|
- 10.5' stainless steel prep tables
- Garage door for easy load in/out
Our exterior spaces offer:
- 20'x35' stained concrete patio off the main hall - with ambient outdoor lighting. This is large enough to accommodate a tent.
- 70 acres of gardens, an old house (circa 1845), a hundred year old tobacco barn all of which you may use as a back drop for your photography
- Lattice house in garden that can be used for ceremonies or as weather contingency or for your cocktail hour
- Garden area suitable for ceremonies
- Iron domed arbor that can be used for alternate backdrop
- Eight church pews and white padded folding chairs for separate seating for ceremony
Bar: Eventful At Locust Grove has a beer, wine, & champagne license and can help you choose the right selections within your budget for your event. All glassware for the bar is included in the pricing. We will need your final headcount 30 days prior to your event.
Catering: You may use the caterer of your choice. We only require that you use a licensed caterer. We are happy to provide a list of recommended caterers as well as other vendors. If your caterer or other vendor is not on our recommended suppliers list they will need to sign a copy of our "Policies governing use of Eventful At Locust Grove" sheet which is to be returned to Eventful 30 days prior to your event.
Linens: Eventful At Locust Grove provides linens for the first 150 guests for the round guest tables in black, white or ivory. Additionally we provide up to 150 colored napkins (you pick the color!). Additional linens may be ordered for a small fee. Linens for the 8' tables not included but we can order for you and have them on your tables when you arrive.
- Nothing may be taped to the floor. The floors are stained and sealed and you must take care if moving tables to not drag anything over the floors, we want to keep them looking beautiful for all our parties.
- There is a ledge that runs the length of the highway side of the building. It would be ideal for leaning pictures on and could create a gallery feel for your guests to enjoy.
- The burlap sidewalls can have things pinned to them without hurting them. Straight pins or fabric Tpins are best (pushpins are too short and will not work). Nothing can be nailed, tacked or taped to the AV wall. You may decorate your tables any way you wish. Candles are fine, we prefer them to be contained in votive cups, hurricanes or mason jars. If you have other ideas please clear with us in advance.
Ceremonies: To have your wedding ceremony at Eventful is an additional $500. We offer (8) 10' white church pews and 110 white folding chairs that are included for that price (this is total seating for up to 150). You can always order extra if you are having a wedding of up to 200. You have a few locations to choose from around the property and we would be happy to give you the tour. All dates are held for rain or shine. Fortunately we have a shelter that you could choose to move your ceremony to if there was inclement weather. Also the patio could be tented for an additional fee.
We do not allow birdseed, rice, silk flower petals, or confetti to be thrown.
Tax and Gratuity: We are in a very low tax area, just 5.6% sales tax will be added to bar bill and any extras. Taxes will be assessed on everything but labor and linen delivery fee.
Gratuity for bartenders can be taken care of by you separately (at a rate of 15% of total bar bill) or we can put out a tip jar.
Set up time:
- We allow you to get into the building at noon the day of your wedding or reception. For parties and corporate you will have three hours set up time in advance of your party or event. All outside vendors should make deliveries during your scheduled set up time. If additional time is required the hourly rate is $100/hr.
- All events must conclude by 11:30pm as you must be vacated from property by no later than midnight.
- You must load out entirely the evening of your event. Eventful will take care of cleanup duties.
Payment Schedule and Damage Deposit:
To secure your date:
- We require 50% of the base rental fee at time of contract signing in order to secure your date.
- We will send you with available wine and beer options. Please decide in the first few weeks what you would like to serve and get back with us as many wines are periodically removed from availability.
6 months prior to your event:
Second half of base (or reception fee) due plus the ceremony fee if applicable due at this time.
30 Days Prior to Event:
- Any additional linen fees
- A damage deposit of $500 is due. After the event the damage deposit will be returned to client in part or in full within 7 days.
- Final head count due.
- Your bar package money is due.
Two Weeks Prior to Event:
- We encourage you to schedule a final walk thru at this time.
Smoking Policy: Eventful At Locust Grove is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is allowed outdoors on our patio.
Cancellation Policy: Deposit to hold your date is non refundable. Balance of base fee plus any add-ons, including bar bill is due 30 days prior to event. If you need to cancel for any reason less than 30 days from event date the total fee is non refundable.